Display custom post type items available in your choice using widgets and shortcodes. From number of items, its order and elements to display. It’s just too good to have that availability to add list of post types anywhere in your website.
You can display items of custom post types of your choice almost anywhere in your website using the widget and shortcode. Display types available are Titles only with links, Titles and Featured Images with links, Titles and Teasers only with links and Display All. Order of display has also two choices either random or latest post.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- BACKUP everything before you install the plugin.
- Upload sherk_cpt-displays directory to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Update the Permalinks on settings.
Display Sherk Custom Post Type Displays using Widget
- Go to Dashboard-> Appearance -> Widgets (/wp-admin/widgets.php)
- Look for Sherk Custom Post Type Displays and drag it to the widget region you would like it to be shown.
- Configure your Sherk Custom Post Type Displays, add a title, select the post type, select the display type , select the way it’s ordered and the number of items to be displayed.
- Click Save button
After installed check at Dashboard -> Tools -> Sherk CPT Displays (/wp-admin/tools.php?page=sherkcptdisplays_info) for more detailed instructions.
Display Sherk Custom Post Type Displays using Shortcode
Shortcode for Sherk Custom Post Type Displays is in the format of
[sherkshortcodebreakercptdisplays post_type=”post” total_items=10 display_type=”title_only” orderby=”random”]
Copy the shortcode, paste it to the content text editor and update the values of your shortcode parameters depends on what you need.
Header title of your list of custom post type
Post type of the items to displayed in list (depends on your website, list below are automatically updated)*
Option on what elements to be shown on your list
option: title_only (Titles are only shown on the list with their links)
option: featured_image (Titles and Featured Image are only shown on the list with their links)
option: title_and_teaser (Titles and teasers are only shown on the list with their links)
option: all (All are shown from Titles, teasers and featured images on the list with their links)
Total number of items shown on the list
The way the list is ordered
option: random (List are ordered in random)
option: latest (List are ordered from latest item)