Titanium Appcelerator: [ERROR] JDK version 'javac' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
I am a week old of studying the Titanium Appcelerator. I have a good start since titanium appcelerator is an open source application. And with a rich community, it’s not hard to find some answers when I got stumbled on a difficult error. Anyway, since I was able to get my appcelerator running well , I will also share some solution to an error I encountered after I installed all the applications I need to run my Titanium developer on my desktop.
Problem: [ERROR] JDK version ‘javac’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
— It says that my JDK version ‘javac’ is not recognized as an internal or external command which only means that my Titanium was not able to find my jdk version ‘javac’ on my system.
Solution: Since our Titanium Appcelerator was not able to find or identify our jdk version ” javac ” on our system, we will help our Titanium Appcelerator to direct to our jdk version ” javac ” through adding setting to our Environment.
The steps of my solution is for windows, but anyway , you already know what is the reason of the problem and it’s just that we need to add the path of our jdk version “javac” to our environment.
1. Left click to our “Computer” Icon and click “Properties” .
2. The window should appear with the Left Hand Side menu saying “Control Panel Home” , we will click the “Advanced System Settings”.
3. A popup window appears after that, and then we click the button ” Environment Variables “.
4. Another window appears and it is for Environment Variables, on the appear part of it, there is a list for user variables . Let’s add variables or update our “path” variable if it is already existing.
5. Click ” add ” or ” Edit ” then supply the value for
[html]Variable Name : path and our Value: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_24\bin [/html]
which is the path to our java jdk and then click OK.
It works on my side , I hope it’ll also works in yours.